This application form will take no longer than 15 minutes to fill out. Please ensure you have a copy of your CV and a personal photo ready to upload before beginning.
Opportunity China Ltd (herein after referred to as Opportunity China) wish to clearly set out the following terms and conditions to clarify the relationship between you, the English teacher applicant, your prospective employer in China (herein after referred to as the "Contracting Education Organisation") and Opportunity China. Please read them carefully before choosing to work with Opportunity China. By using our recruiter services, and by clicking the "I Agree" box, you will confirm that you agree to the statements set out below and agree to be bound by, and to comply with, the terms of this Agreement.
1. Opportunity China, in its sole discretion, shall attempt to help you obtain a teaching contract to teach in China. If you receive an offer from a Contracting Education Organisation to teach in China and you choose to accept that offer, you will be responsible and liable for obtaining a passport, the relevant immigration visa(s) and other personal documentation required by the Contracting Education Organisation, as well as arranging or coordinating transportation and accommodation, and personally funding all costs and expenses related to teaching in China.
2. Opportunity China’s acceptance of you as a candidate does not constitute a guarantee that you shall receive an offer of employment by a Contracting Education Organisation to teach in China.
3. You authorise Opportunity China to collate your personal information, including but not limited to your name, email address, work history, academic history, photograph and other personal information to determine your eligibility to teach in China. You authorise Opportunity China to use this information to present you to any potential Contracting Education Organisation to attempt to obtain employment on your behalf. Your personal information shall be used solely for the purposes described above.
4. Any CV, cover letter, photograph and any other documents (such as passport scan, degree certificate scan) sent to Opportunity China will be kept confidential and shall only be used to present you to any potential Contracting Education Organisation. Submission of personal information is entirely optional and can be removed from our records by written request by emailing email@example.com, or verbal request via speaking with a member of our staff.
5. Use of the Opportunity China web site is anonymous and a record of access, in the form of an IP log, is kept only to monitor overall server usage. Such records are strictly confidential and will not be disclosed.
6. Any feedback questionnaires you opt to complete shall be deemed to be non-confidential. Opportunity China shall have no obligation with respect to such feedback and shall be free to reproduce the feedback to others without limitation.
7. While Opportunity China will endeavour to provide a good level of support to you if you are employed as a result of our recruitment services, any Teaching Contract will be solely between you and the Contracting Education Organisation. Opportunity China is not responsible or liable for any expenditure you may undertake as a result of the immigration visa application process, nor for any unsuccessful visa application, nor any other costs you may incur as a result of opting to accept a Teaching Contract.
8. Opportunity China is not responsible or liable for the breach of a Teaching Contract by either party, nor for any situation that results in a Teaching Contract not being fulfilled including but not limited to a school closure or bankruptcy of the Contracting Education Organisation. If you are terminated for any reason by a Contracting Education Organisation, it is not the responsibility of Opportunity China to resolve the situation or to find you alternative employment.
9. Opportunity China is not responsible or liable for your transportation, accommodation or other services or products to be provided by the Contracting Education Organisation or any other third party in connection with teaching in China, and is not liable for any other acts or omissions of such third parties.
10. You must fully assume all risks to person and property in connection with your participation in teaching in China, including, but not limited to property damage and loss, bodily injury, travel delays, sickness, disease and death. You are in sufficient physical and mental health to teach in China, and do not have any physical or mental conditions which could affect your ability to teach in China.
11. You will ensure that you have medical insurance coverage appropriate for your participation in teaching in China. Opportunity China will not provide any insurance for you in connection with your participation in teaching in China.
12. You shall comply with all applicable laws of any jurisdiction in which you may travel while teaching in China. If your participation in teaching in China is at any time judged to be detrimental to the Contracting Education Organisation, as determined at the sole discretion of Opportunity China or the Contracting Education Organisation then you may be terminated by the Contracting Education Organisation without Opportunity China incurring any liability. You may incur liability to Opportunity China under this Agreement if you engage in illegal acts abroad, break a Teaching Contract with a Contracting Education Organisation or enter into a Teaching Contract in bad faith.
13. You fully and forever insure, waive and discharge, and promise not to sue Opportunity China, its directors, employees, agents, representatives, and affiliates from and for any and all demands, claims, actions, suits, damages, losses, liabilities, costs and expenses (including, but not limited to, court costs and legal fees), from any cause whatsoever, whether directly or indirectly arising in connection with your participation in the Opportunity China recruitment process and teaching in China, whether or not foreseeable or contributed to by the negligent acts or omissions of Opportunity China or others.
This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement, and supersedes any prior agreements, understandings and negotiations, regarding this subject matter. This Agreement may not be amended by course of conduct or otherwise, and may not be assigned in whole or in part, except in writing as executed by Opportunity China. This Agreement shall be interpreted and enforced in accordance with English law. You irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the England & Wales. If any provision of this Agreement is held unenforceable by a court, such unenforceability shall not affect any other provision, and this Agreement shall be construed as if such provision, to the extent of such unenforceability, had not been incorporated herein.