Chinese New Year – time for teachers to make travel plans!
Spring holiday is just around the corner, and it’s the ideal public holiday for English teachers to enjoy a well-deserved break. Here’s our pick of just a few amazing countries to head to– just remember that cheap flights get booked up early though!
- Philippines – With its stunning range of islands, beautiful beaches and friendly people, the Philippines is a wonderful option for those who love the sun. Head to Coron to chill out on your own white-sand private beach, swim in fresh water lagoons, and enjoy delicious seafood. If you like to party, Borocay has beach bars and nightclubs galore, and you can beat off that hangover by kite-surfing on one of the best learning beaches in the world.
- Thailand – Thailand has something for everyone – beaches, nightlife, spas, trekking, wildlife, Muay Thai, cookery…the list is endless. Visit Koh Phangan for the famous full moon party, chill out in Koh Tao, and see the dramatic Koh Phi Phi scenery. Chang Mai is popular for trekking and its night market, and Bangkok is a hectic city to stimulate the senses – wonder at the Grand Palace, get a suit made, meet backpackers from across the globe and party on the Koh San Road, and check out the mega shopping malls. And of course, the food throughout Thailand is amaaazing!
- Vietnam – Vietnam is the ideal destination to rent a motorbike (by yourself or with a driver) to ride across the country and take in all it has to offer, including its fascinating history and a coast of incredible beaches. Hanoi has lakes, colonial buildings and wonderful street food, while Ho Chi Min City blends the modern and the new. In the North, Halong Bay is the perfect place to enjoy a traditional junk cruise to soak up some truly spectacular scenery.
- Malaysia- Malaysia offers a blend of culture, national parks, beaches, and temples. Kuala Lumpur is a vibrant city with an ultra-modern skyline, mega shopping malls and a real foodie destination. We recommend a trip to the breath-taking Perhentian Islands off the east coast to really chill out and return to nature – perfect snorkelling conditions in its crystal clear waters.
- Laos – Laos draws travellers looking for nature, adventure or both..and is perfect for those on a super tight budget. Kayaking, trekking, rafting, rock-climbing and biking are all available. Away from the cities, there is so much to see; the Plain of Jars in Xieng Khuang Province, the mountains of Northern Laos, the limestone karsts around the backpacker-haven Vang Vieng and in the deep south is Si Phan Don (Four Thousand Islands), where the Mekong spreads out.
Asia offers so many amazing travel destinations – which will you choose!Share: