Salary: RMB15,000- RMB22,000 salary per month / Start Date: December 2017-April 2018 / Student Age: / Type of Job: Full time
Reference n: OC5012
Elan schools are English learning centers that provide international enrichment programs for Chinese K-G6 local and international students. ELAN currently have 8 operational learning centres in Shanghai.
Programmes are designed to improve students’ language skills, thinking skills, problem solving abilities and knowledge of global culture. Elan offers guided independent reading programs to students between the ages of 5-15.
The company promotes independence with their extensive library program consisting of over 10,000 audiobooks and regular books, and complement this behaviour with specialized literature and writing classes. Their programs aim to help students to become independent English readers and master English as a lifetime language skill, enabling them to enter the best high schools and universities in the UK and USA.
Teachers at ELAN will be responsible for the following:
- Delivering well planned lessons based on ELAN’s curriculum
- Teaching Phonics, Bridging and Foundation English to students
- Placing emphasis on improving reading and writing skills of students
- Providing ongoing support and feedback to students and parents
- Attend and contribute to staff meetings
- Maintain good records of activities and lesson plans
Salary and Benefits
- RMB15,000- RMB22,000 salary per month (dependent on experience)
- 24 Teaching hours Per week
- 16 Office Hours Per Week
- RMB10,000 start up loan
- RMB8000 Flight Reimbursement
- Excellent training and ongoing support
- Local Medical Insurance Provided
- Z Working Visa Provided
- 5 day working week (2 days off Monday-Friday)
- 11 days Public Holiday and 11 days Personal Paid Leave
Training and Support
Upon arrival ELAN will provide full orientation training.
The training will explain Elan’s teaching curriculum and material, and observation will be arranged. The head teacher/senior teacher will give guidance and assist.
1200RMB hotel reimbursement after 2 months’ probation period
Local staff will assist to find accommodation, and a RMB10,000 start up loan will be provided
The Center Manager will assist teachers to buy a SIM card, open a back account etc. While training, new teachers can opt to spend between 1 week and 3 months as a ‘Library Coach’ assisting children with their reading in a more relaxed environment before taking on classes independently.
- Age 21 or over
- Bachelors Degree in any subject
- Minimum 120 hour online TEFL Certificate or 2 years relevant work experience
- Clean criminal record background check
- Patience, and a warm and friendly attitude
Shanghai is China’s biggest city, and one of its most vibrant – life is fast-paced, confident and the city is still growing at an extraordinary rate. From the moment you step off the plane, the magnetic-levitation train ride from the airport to the city is a good metaphor for Shanghai. The train reaches speeds of 430 km an hour, and the trip takes less than eight minutes. Check out more about Shanghai here
For more on ELAN visit their Website