Business English Teacher, International Institute of Education (multiple cities)Business English in Chengdu
Salary: RMB11500 / Start Date: February - April 2017 / Student Age: / Type of Job: Full time, 30 hour contract
Reference n: OC997
i² International Institute of Education opened its first formal campus in 2006 with the hope of offering students and teachers alike a unique environment for the pursuit of academic success.
Since its founding, i² has expanded to 21 campuses throughout Chengdu and 35 campuses outside of Chengdu, with more than 300 foreign teachers. i² provides quality education for thousands of students, and the i2 family grows larger every day.
Using a small class format – a maximum student number of 4, and a vast majority of classes having only 1 or 2 students – i² tailor-makes each course to their desired specifications. Teachers are free to add their own personal flavour to their courses to ensure each class is interesting, exciting and educational for the students.
Check out the facebook page to see what current teachers have recently been up to: https://www.facebook.com/i2education
Role and Responsibilities – Business English Teacher
Teachers report to the Director of Studies and are responsible for the following:
- Delivering well planned lessons based on the school’s curriculum
- Encourage adults to practise spoken English
- Provide appropriate feedback on oral and written work
- Facilitate learning for students and build their confidence
- Use a variety of materials and teaching techniques to enhance student learning, and engage student interest
- Perform general administrative functions
- Involvement in curriculum development
- Attend and participate in staff department meetings, workshops, curriculum planning and special school events
Working hours: 5 days per week, 30 hours in total – 22 teaching hours, 8 office hours
Campuses: Chengdu, Chongqing, Nanning, Xi’an, Chongqing, Mianyang, Guiyang, Xiamen, Kunming, Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Qingdao.
- RMB11500 – 12000 monthly salary, dependent on experience (£1150)
- RMB1800 monthly accommodation allowance
- RMB6000 flight reimbursement, paid after 6 months of the contract
- RMB9000 end of contract bonus
- RMB1800 excess luggage allowance
- Medical insurance
- 11 days public holiday leave, plus 14 days of paid annual leave
- Airport pick up
- Work Z visa provided
- Aged 23 or above
- Undergraduate degree in any subject area
- Preference to those who graduated in 2015 or before
- Excellent communication skills, strong presentation abilities, an affinity for working with children
- TEFL/ TESOL certification, can be completed subsequent to application
- Prior relevant experience
Chengdu, the provincial capital of Sichuan, is an old and famous city and one of the most interesting places in Western China.Rightly celebrated as a center of urban sophistication and entertainment, Chengdu attracts visitors from all over the country and abroad.
The Funan River bisects the city, although boat traffic, common until the 1960’s, has all but vanished. Home to an estimated 14 million people, and growing at an amazing rate, Chengdu has the reputation of an easy-going, ‘laid-back’ place, with an emphasis on culture and relaxation. Famed for its tea-rooms, where you can while a pleasant afternoon away, it also has a bustling nightlife. The range of cuisine is very spicy, phenomenal and you will discover as many new wonderful tastes as you try.
Chengdu, also known as the “Country of Heaven”, is surrounded by mountains in a large fertile plain that gives it its other name – “The Land of Abundance”. Home to the iconic Giant Panda Centre, and of course the headquarters of i², Chengdu is a vibrant and great city to visit, investigate and enjoy.