Salary: RMB13000 / Start Date: March-April 2018 / Student Age: / Type of Job: Full time, Wednesday- Sunday
Reference n: OC3029
Recruiting Now: Ballet Teacher Role in Chengdu, Latin & Ballet Teacher in Nanning
i2 Art Courses help to integrate personalised language learning with dance. Courses provide an internationalized education and a platform for better communication and demonstration, as well as encouraging students to express themselves creatively.
Conducted in an authentic English-speaking environment, i2 dance courses help students to develop not only dance skills, physical movement and control but also to build expressiveness and confidence.
Students are typically aged 3- 12, with classes grouped according to ability.
All instruction is in English.
i² International Institute of Education opened its first formal campus in 2006 with the hope of offering students and teachers alike a unique environment for the pursuit of academic success.
Since its founding, i² has expanded to 21 campuses throughout Chengdu and 35 campuses outside of Chengdu, with more than 300 foreign teachers. i² provides quality education for thousands of students, and the i2 family grows larger every day.
Using a small class format – a maximum student number of 4, and a vast majority of classes having only 1 or 2 students – i² tailor-makes each course to their desired specifications. Teachers are free to add their own personal flavour to their courses to ensure each class is interesting, exciting and educational for the students.
Check out the facebook page to see what current teachers have recently been up to: https://www.facebook.com/i2education
Role and Responsibilities
Teachers report to the Director of Studies and are responsible for the following:
- Delivering well planned lessons based on the school’s curriculum
- Encourage children to practise spoken English
- Provide appropriate feedback on oral and written work
- Facilitate learning for students and build their confidence
- Use a variety of materials and teaching techniques to enhance student learning, and engage student interest
- Perform general administrative functions
- Ensure that students are safe and monitored
- Involvement in curriculum development
- Attend and participate in staff department meetings, workshops, curriculum planning and special school events
Working hours: 5 days per week, 30 hours in total – 22 teaching hours, 8 office hours
- RMB13000 monthly salary
- RMB1800 monthly accommodation allowance
- RMB6000 flight reimbursement, paid after 6 months of the contract
- RMB9000 end of contract bonus
- RMB1800 excess luggage allowance
- Medical insurance
- 11 days public holiday leave, plus 14 days of paid annual leave
- Airport pick up
- Work Z visa provided
- Undergraduate degree, ideally in a relevant subject area
- Excellent communication skills, strong presentation abilities, an affinity for working with children
- 2 years of relevant dance teaching experience
Chengdu, the provincial capital of Sichuan, is an old and famous city and one of the most interesting places in Western China.Rightly celebrated as a center of urban sophistication and entertainment, Chengdu attracts visitors from all over the country and abroad.
The Funan River bisects the city, although boat traffic, common until the 1960’s, has all but vanished. Home to an estimated 14 million people, and growing at an amazing rate, Chengdu has the reputation of an easy-going, ‘laid-back’ place, with an emphasis on culture and relaxation. Famed for its tea-rooms, where you can while a pleasant afternoon away, it also has a bustling nightlife. The range of cuisine is very spicy, phenomenal and you will discover as many new wonderful tastes as you try.
Chengdu, also known as the “Country of Heaven”, is surrounded by mountains in a large fertile plain that gives it its other name – “The Land of Abundance”. Home to the iconic Giant Panda Centre, and of course the headquarters of i², Chengdu is a vibrant and great city to visit, investigate and enjoy.