Director of Studies, EF Hangzhou & HuzhouMiddle School in Hangzhou
Salary: RMB15000- 18000 / Start Date: November 2017 / Student Age: / Type of Job: Full time, Wednesday- Sunday
Reference n: OC3025
Are you looking for a Director of Studies position in a dynamic and exciting education environment? Can you lead a team of international teachers and ensure the highest possible academic standards for students? EF Hangzhou seek a Director of Studies who can lead their modern school on to great things.
Essential qualities for this challenging position include strong people management skills and the ability to motivate and lead a team of international teachers. A proven track record in teacher training through workshops, class observations and one-on-one support are vital to this role. The right candidate will be organized and logical in planning and implementation of new school initiatives. Excellent creativity and problem solving skills are also needed. You will have a degree and credible TEFL qualification as well as a wide range of teaching experience, especially to young learners. You will be well versed in TEFL methodology and teaching techniques.
- Teacher training and development
- Teacher management
- Teaching high quality lessons
- Scheduling and timetabling
- Administrative reports
- School development and operation
- Attending professional development seminars and DoS training sessions
- 15,000 – 18,000 RMB per month (negotiable depending on
- 4000RMB/month housing allowance and logistics support for finding accommodation
- 3600RMB quarterly bonus based on performance
- Flight allowance: 9,000 RMB/year
- Legal Z work visa
- Paid vacation: 15 working days plus all Chinese public holidays (usually 2 weeks per year)
- Comprehensive health insurance and medical check
- 12000RMB study allowance for a 2 year contract
- Airport pick up and Year-round logistics support from an experienced HR team
- Paid entrance onto the Cambridge TKT once every 6 months
- Paid Chinese tuition and ongoing Language Learning support
- Paid monthly social and teambuilding events
- Contract re-sign bonus of 5000RMB/year
- Professional development & support from the EF head office
1) Notarized Bachelor’s Degree from the UK, Ireland, the USA, Canada, South Africa, New Zealand or Australia
2) 120- hour TEFL certificate or other teaching qualification (or willing to obtain one)
3) At least 3 years of teaching experience and 1 year of management experience
3) Notarized and clean criminal background check, valid within 6 months
4) A desire to work hard and play hard!
About EF Hangzhou
In October 2001, Hangzhou was selected for the Habitant Scroll of Honor Award by United Nations center for Human Settlement. And currently, we successfully established 7 schools, 6 Hangzhou schools and 1 Huzhou school. Regarded as one of the two paradises on earth by the Chinese people, Hangzhou offers an ideal destination for anyone seeking to live in China. As one of the most established and successful Franchises in the Education First network, EF Hangzhou offers a wonderful working environment. EF Education First Hangzhou is looking for dynamic and enthusiastic individuals that are looking to build their TEFL career through cultural diversity. These positions would suit those seeking to develop as TEFL teachers. Only those who love teaching students of all age levels should apply.
Prospective teachers should be prepared to work hard in a professional teaching environment.
Whether you are just starting out as an EFL teacher, or have accumulated a great deal of experience in this field, Education First is a sound choice for your next step. Taking advantage of EF’s 50 years of experience in the EFL industry, Education First gives teachers the ideal environment to develop professionally.
Education First’s market in China is growing rapidly and offers plenty of opportunity for career development. Schools are designed to offer ample of support both academically and through pastoral care creating an ideal atmosphere to work and live.