Salary: Highly competitive+benefits / Start Date: November 2017 / Student Age: / Type of Job: Full time, Monday to Friday
Reference n: OC3020
Articulate Private Tutor, Shenzhen
A highly reputed family, located in an exclusive area of central Shenzhen, seek a high-calibre recent graduate from a top 10 UK or US university to tutor their two young children.
You’ll have a strong extra-curricular background, with musical and sporting interests.
Your primary duty will be to assist the children’s English language development, primarily assisting and encouraging their oral English – in addition to their writing, listening and reading abilities. You will provide an immersive English learning environment through your interaction, both in more formal learning opportunities, as well as games, sports and music.
The successful candidate should be outgoing, fun and engaging – and love helping young children to develop.
You will additionally be encouraged to develop your Mandarin language schools by attending a local university a few mornings per week, this will be fully funded.
Note that the family have staff to assist with cleaning, cooking and driving, and therefore such duties are not part of the role.
The Family are located in one of Shenzhen’s most affluent and exclusive districts, and have a large modern home. The children are aged 3 and 5, and attend international schools/ kindergartens.
They are all friendly, and enjoy various sporting and musical activities, and are keen for their children to become fluent in English.
The father is one of Asia’s most high-profile businessmen, and therefore appreciates privacy for his family.
Further information will be provided upon application.
Contract duration: 12 months
Start date: Late October 2017
- Hold a bachelor’s degree from a top 10 UK or US university; preferably in Education, Teaching or English, although all degree disciplines will be considered.
- Prior teaching, tutoring or formal childcare experience will be a bonus
- Love working with young children
- Be a native-English passport holder
- Have a naturally bright, energetic and friendly personality
- Have a conscientious approach to work, as well as a flexible and adaptable attitude
- £43000/US$60000 annual salary
- University Mandarin course provided
- Accommodation and food provided
- Flight reimbursement
- Local medical insurance
An overview of the program can be found at www.opportunity-china.com/immersion