Salary: RMB16000- 20000 / Start Date: March- May 2018 / Student Age: / Type of Job: Full time, Wednesday- Sunday
Reference n: OC3028
Mobby is a branch of TAL, a leading education and technology enterprise in China, which is well-known by being technology-driven, talent-centred, and quality-focused. Since its establishment, TAL is committed to integrating technologies and the Internet into education, to deliver a better study experience for children.
About the STEAM course (science, technology, engineer, arts and maths)
Though observation, discussions, experiments, programs designing and more, Mobby’s STEAM course focuses on showing the fun part of science, create awareness of the importance of it and cultivate in kids scientific knowledge, boost their study habits and love for science
They are currently looking for a STEAM Teacher & Developer, to teach kids about basic programming skills in English.
Role and Responsibilities
At MOBBY your main responsibility will be to teach the STEAM curriculum. However, your job roles will include being a part of; designing training concepts, upgrading the STEAM curriculum accordingly to the local market; design and develop curriculum products with the Research & Development team; establish an evaluation system; analyse products of competitors and optimize product curriculum content continuously combining the latest technology.
Mobby expect you to be able to work with multiple departments to heighten development and team work. They are looking for professionals who can adapt to international teaching methods and environments, are innovative and capable of inspiring students to enhance their critical thinking and innovative spirit.
Class size: 12 students
Class length: 2 hours per class with break
Chinese Teaching Assistant: Yes
Training: Plan and operate training programs for STEAM teachers; Design training content
Work with marketing team, cooperate with product design, marketing and operations
Analyse products of competitors; improve R&D capacity
Working Hours: Work on weekends, pick 2 days from Monday to Friday off
1. Native English speaker
2. Computer science or relevant major
3. Degree: BA or above
4. Experience: Familiar with STEAM teaching curriculum. Knowledge to teach young kids basic levels of programming.
5. Be able to adapt to an international teaching methodology and environment;
6. Innovative, capable of inspiring students for critical thinking and innovative spirit.
7. Relocate: Must be willing to relocate to China.
8. Candidates who already reside in Beijing will be given preference
9. Must work for at least 1 year at the company
Candidates must be charismatic and passionate about teaching kids, able to keep students focused and happy
- Flight: One way to China
- Visa: Sponsored legal Z Work Visa
- Arrival: Airport Pickup assistance
- On boarding: Ground service assistance
- Base Salary: 16000-20000 RMB / $2500- 3500, depending on experience
- Housing: assist to rent an apartment. 2000-3000 RMB allowance.
- Bonus: 3000-4000 RMB per quarter
- Airfare Bonus: 8000 RMB for full completion of contract
- Overtime: 100-200 RMB per hour; or convert to day off every 7 hours.
- Public Holiday: 11 days
- Annual Holiday: 5 paid holidays + Christmas Day
- Sick Leave: 5 paid sick leave days
- Relocation allowance – 10000 RMB after the probation period