Teach China Graduate ProgramHigh school in Beijing
Salary: £900- £1150 / Start Date: February 2018/ September 2018 / Student Age: / Type of Job: Full time
Reference n: OC2045
Ambitious? Globally focused? Excellent communication skills? Kick-start your career with this challenging and fulfilling experience of a lifetime. The 10-12 month Teach China Graduate Program commences February 2018 or September 2018.
- Strong communication skills, good ideas, determination and some humour
- Speak English to native level
- Be in your final year of an undergraduate degree, or have graduated within the past 3 years
- We do not specify a minimum degree classification
You will be responsible for delivering well planned and resourced English lessons to your students, which will often focus on oral English. Class sizes typically range between 4 – 12 students, and Chinese children are usually keen learners. You may also have the support of a Chinese Teaching Assistant.
Kindergarten and roles teaching children aged 5 to 15 are available, in cities including Beijing, Chengdu, Kunming, Fuzhou, Foshan, Changsha, Nanning and Guiyang.
Rewards and Benefits
- A £900- £1150/ $1100-$1500 monthly salary (low tax)
- Accommodation provided, or an accommodation allowance
- International flight reimbursement
- Typically, Mandarin lessons are provided
- Around 2 weeks of annual vacation, plus 11 days of public holiday vacation
Before departing, successful candidates will participate in a training programme delivered remotely and in-person. You will also be allocated a program mentor who you will be able to contact at any time for advice.
Opportunity China’s staff are always be on hand pre-departure to offer guidance.
On arrival all graduates will participate in a structured training programme delivered by the school, focusing on Chinese culture, teaching skills and Mandarin for the classroom.
Regular social events will also be organised throughout the year by the employer school.
Application and Selection
To apply, please complete an online application form. You can find a simple overview of the application process here.
Please submit your online application by Friday 31st March 2017.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend an in-person or Skype interview during the week beginning 10th April.
The Teach China Graduate Programme 2017 cohort will be announced late April.
If you have any further questions please email email@example.com or visit the Teach China Graduate Program focus page for more information.