- Live and study in central Shanghai
- Total immersion learning environment
- Course blending Chinese language, culture and activities
- Small groups, sociable atmosphere
- English-speaking Programme Coordinators
- Build a package based on your budget and interests
Experience traditional and modern China in this total immersion Mandarin study programme, which will broaden your knowledge of China’s rich and unique language and culture.
Mornings will involve in-class study, covering the fundamentals of language acquisition: reading, writing, speaking, and listening comprehension.
In the afternoon your lessons will go beyond the classroom and in to the city, where you’ll explore Shanghai with your Teacher and put your language skills in to practice, or participate in activities such as making dumplings, traditional calligraphy, a tea ceremony and mah-jong.
Weekends will incorporate day trips to beautiful Chongming Island, and the stunning city of Hangzhou, followed by a free day for independent travel (or rest!) on the Sunday.
Who is this Programme suitable for?
- Beginner, Basic and Intermediate Mandarin speakers
- Aged 17- 40
- Those wishing to learn Mandarin while experiencing Chinese culture and traditional activities
- The perfect preparation for those embarking on a teaching or lecturing in China programme
Duration/ Start Dates
- 2 weeks or 3 weeks
- July and August start dates